Chittagong Hill Tract Tour
|Tour Duration: 4 Night & 5 days
Location: Dhaka, Chittagong, Sitakunda Ship breaking Yard, Rangamati, Bandarban
Tour Attractions: Dhaka, Train Tour, Chittagong City Tour, Rangamti Tour, Kaptai Lake Tour, Bandarban Tour, Ruma Bazar Tour, Sangu River Boat Tour, Food in Local tribal family
Best time to go: Round the year
Unusual of Bangladesh, both in topography and culture, the largest Buddhist (ethnic) stronghold is the home of the Jumma people. It's a stunning beauty of nature, hills, river and cliffs covered with dense jungles of bamboo, creepers and shrubs, and with some beautiful hiking to explore tribal life , waterfalls etc. The ultimate region is full of the flavors of neighboring Mizoram state (India) & Arakan State Myanmar. it’s utterly fascinating and exceedingly beautiful. It also offers a chance to stretch the legs with some of the country’s best hiking on offer, though access is often limited for foreigners.
- Day long train trip from Dhaka to Chittagong. It is one of the unique ways of traveling through villages and urban areas. Special boat tour of Ship Breaking Yard and the largest fish market in Chittagong.Visit Rangamati & Bandarban on market days to see & meet more ethnical groups.
- Boat tour in largest manmade lake of Asia Kaptai Lake including lunch in a island restaurant.
- 01 lunch will be hosted by a tribal family.
- Typical tribal cultural program.
- Bandarban Small hiking tour.
- Afternoon a special Boat tour in sangu river, Bandarban
|Day 01: Daylong Train Trip from Dhaka to Chittagong
Meet with our guide at your hotel at 06:30 am sharp and transfer to Dhaka central Railway station. The train leaves at around 7:40 am. We will take the morning intercity train to Chittagong. Train in Bangladesh is one of the most popular rides for local and tourist as well. Air conditioned, toilet facility and you can walk also. It’s unique for photography where you will have plenty of people, life, nature and moving subjects. Light lunch will be serve .Fully day train ride has several stops in the district station and that’s how you have change to several peoples. it arrives normally at 3:00pm in Chittagong. Upon arrival, Drive to the Hotel on the way visit 2nd World war cemetery, walk in the city center to see the life of Chittagong. Dinner & Overnight in the Business Capital Chittagong.
|Day 02 : Chittagong Ship Breaking yard & Rangamati Hills
Morning after breakfast check out and drive to the Chittagong most crowed fish market . this market is the largest sea fish market in Bangladesh . The market sits early morning for some hours, fisherman with boat coming from sea to sell fishes here . a brief visit of the fish market and then drive to Rangmamati Hill district . on the way in Kumira , shitakuda area , stop for visiting worlds one of the largest and famous ship breaking yard . It’s the fourth largest ship breaking yard and every time you visit, at least 50 to 70 ships you can see are dying there. We will take a boat tour of ship breaking yard of sitakunda. Then continue our visit including the scrap market of ship breaking. You can do some shopping there like buying old ships iteams from the market in an affordable rate. We will continue our drive to rangamati. On the way stops for photography of natural beauty, toilet and a cup of tea. Upon arrival to the Lake city Rangamait, visit the tribal cultural museum, Chakma tribal village, hanging bride etc. Dinner and overnight in Rangamati.
Rangamati hill district is one of the beautiful district situated on the kaptal lake. Dominated by the Chakma tribal community and highest Buddhist people in Bangladesh offers a unique journey in Rangmati. Here main mood of transportation is by boat, so visit this district you will need a boat tour in kaptai lake. The markets in tribal district is the main part of the visit beside the natural beauty. Markets sits mostly twice in a week, so its important when you planning a tour in Rangmati and Bandarban, put the market days in between.
|Day 03 : Ramgamati City Tour & Kaptai Lake Boat Tour
After breakfast at hotel, drive to city centre of Rangamti to visit the most important Buddhist monastery of Rangamati called Raj Bana Vihara. Biggest monastery having more than some hundreds monk and the most respected chief monks mommy is here. Locals have a belief that, he had some spiritual power and he motivated the largest community to become Buddhist. From there, we will take a reserve boat for tour of Kaptai Lake. Lake kaptai is about 700 sq km and it’s the main source for livelihood of thousand peoples. Surrounded by hills, you will get some spectacular views of nature and lifestyle. Day time people do fishing and it’s the main route for transportation for a lot of people. While cursing in Kaptai Lake we will visit several tribal villages of Chakma, Tripura tribe. Lunch is in a island restaurant. Post lunch cruise back to the city and take the car to drive to bandarban hill district. We will drive through some breath taking view points. Arrive bandarban in late afternoon. Dinner and Overnight bandarban.
| Day 04: Bandarban – Chimbuk Hills – Ruma – Bandarban
Bandarban, one of the most remote regions in the country. the Bandarban town stands on the Sangu River, lying in the heart of the rich tribal landscapes of the hill tracks. One of the last bastions of Buddhism in south Asia, this captivating hill country is home to some 13 different ethnic minorities of which them morong & the marma are the largest. These indigenous tribes differ in both physical appearance and in their religious and cultural beliefs from the countries majority Bengali population, In these two days, you have the opportunity to discover a little something of the nature and human diversity of this incredible setting.
Early morning drive to Ruma to catch the famous Ruma market on market day. it is the best market to see the authentic , traditional tribal peoples coming from near the Burmese border. There is no other market in between two countries. We visit the market followed by lunch in a tribal house . All traditional tribal food will be served. On the way back visit several villages of Marma, Mru, tirpura Tribal villages. Climb to the Chimbuk Hill,enjoy the sunset from Nilachol tiger point . Back to the Hotel and Overnight in Bandarban.
| Day 05: Bandarban Hill – Chittagong – Train – Dhaka
Morning after breakfast , a small hiking tour near the city hill area for 3 hours (optional).then check out from hotel & city tour of Bandarban including visiting the old king place from outside, the largest Buddhist temple known as Golden Temple situated 60 miter high and having the tallest stupa in Bangladesh. no videographer in the , visit the bandarban market for shopping , lunch in a local restaurant. Then slowly travel to the old market part to take a leisure boat ride on Sangu River. From at around 4:00 pm, the river becomes very active. it is the only source of water for many so afternoon people come down to washing and cleaning , for a walk . then, we will take the car from Bandarban to Chittagong . upon arrival , Dinner in the city and then you will be transfer to the Railway Station to take the Night train with sleeping cabin (subject to the availability) to Dhaka . Upon arrival Dhaka next morning, transfer to the hotel & end our services.
|Pax Price in USD
(two star) Price in USD
|Price in USD
Three Star Category
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in Chittagong, Rangamati, Bandarban.
- Special permit for visit the Hill districts.
- Airport transfers, tours, sightseeing as per itinerary by AC Car.
- Boat tour by local Engine Boat .
- Breakfast included
- Sightseeing as per itinerary with all entrances.
- English Speaking Guide.
- Lunch and Dinner is excluded .
- Any International Bus or air ticket.
- Items of personal nature.
- Any Beverage (Hard & soft both).
- Item not mentioned above.
General Information to travel to Chittagong Hill Tract
- Chittagong Hill district is the mostly remote part of Bangladesh. In past, there was some conflict between Rangamati and bandarban hill district. After the peace accord situation is safe to travel for foreigners. To insure the safety and comfort government orders before visit CHT (Chittagong Hill tract district), you have to go to apply for a special permit thorough a travel agency.
- For applying to get a pass, they need 7 working days with a valid visa & passport copy with a application attached of the travel itinerary.
- Tribal groups are friendly. You can go and visit them frequently but they are not used to see tourist. So when you go, you needed local guide that we always provide in some places of Rangamati and bandarban. The tribal people are little shy comparing than the Bangladeshi locals. For photography, it wise to ask in advance.
- Price From: 385 USD