Building of Bangladesh
|Tour Duration: Full Day Tour (10 Hrs)
Location: Brief Visit of Parliment Building & Old Capital Sonargaon
Tour Attractions: Sights, People, and Culture of mega city Dhaka
Best time to go: Round the year
Tour Available: Round the year
Next Scheduled Tour: N/A
In 1963 the Pakistanis commissioned Louis Kahn, a world-renowned American architect, to design a regional capitol for East Pakistan. Due to the liberation movement and ensuing war, the National Assembly Building wasn’t completed until 1982. The building often features in books on modern architecture, and is regarded as among Kahn’s finest works. It’s a huge assembly of concrete cylinders and rectangular boxes, sliced open with bold, multi-storey circular and triangular apertures instead of windows.You can enter the building only on a pre-arranged four-hour guided tour, which you must book in advance. You can pick up a booking form at the front gate, or download it from the parliament website You also need to bring two copies of your passport and visa.
Sonargaon, or Golden City, was the eastern capital of Bengal at various times in history. It slipped into decline when Muslim rulers decided to move their capital to Dhaka in the 17th century, and is now little more than a couple of villages with a scattering of ruins. It makes an excellent day drip from Dhaka, though, combining countryside, culture, archaeology and adventure in one easily accessible bundle.
Very little remains of the original city – a couple of mosques and some indistinguishable mounds of earth, most of which are found around the small village of Mograpara to the west of the main highway. What most people now visit for is Painam Nagar, a charmingly decaying street of dilapidated mansions built by wealthy Hindu merchants just over a century ago, and Sadarbari, a beautifully restored rajbari (Raj-era palace) with a gorgeous pondside setting and an interesting folk-art museum.
- Visit the key tourist attractions of New and Old Dhaka.
- Explore backstreets of Old Dhaka for an authentic experience.
- Rickshaw ride on the narrow streets of old Dhaka.
- Boat ride on Dhaka’s live and vibrant Buriganga river.
- Taste authentic local food on a local restaurant.
Brief Itinerary of Parliemnt Building from Inside & Old Capital Sonargaon
- 08.00 – 08.00 AM: A guide and driver of us will meet you at your hotel/residence to pick you up, and start driving for Dhaka Universiity immediately.
- 08.30 – 09.30 AM: Visit Dhaka University campus, including Curzan Hall, Language Monument, Scapture Squre and some other monuments .
- 09.30 – 10.00 AM: Start drving to the Parliment Building and upon arrival some formalitise to fill up with a valid passport copy and visa copy .
- 10.00 – 12.30 PM: Parliment Building is one of the most lagislative complex and also consider one of the best mordern architecture in the world. it was design and constartion to built during Pakistani period . Glass roof , Umbrella shaped central hall, space for entiring lights and wind, lake and refection and many other things . the visit will be ended up including a lunch inside the beacutiful complex .
- 12.30 – 1.30 AM: Lunch break inside the parliemnt complex.
- 01.30 – 03.00 PM: Drive to Old capital of bengal located about 30 km south east of Dhaka.
- 3.00 – 04.30 PM: the city called Sonargaon, once rolled by Hindu, Afgans, Mugals, it was the center of trade. in sonargaon old capital, we will visit the Musem, Goladi Mosque , and the most attractive Painam Ghost city. there are still 33 building left in the pinam city, it was built by the rich hindu marchnt .
- 04.30 – 04.30 PM: Get into our waiting car at the end of Hindu Street, and start driving toward your hotel/residence.
- 06.00 – 06.00 PM: Drop at the hotel/residence, say good bye.
- End of the Old Dhaka Tour.
Price of Parliment visit Tour
- 1 Pax Tour:$110 USD
- 2 Pax Group:$85 USD Per Person
- 3 Pax Group:$75 USD Per Person
- 4 Pax Group: $60 USD Per Person
Tour Includes & Excludes :
o Air-conditioned car, and driver.
o English speaking guide.
o All site entrance tickets.
o Lunch on a local restaurant (authentic local food).
o All rickshaw and boat rides.
o All tips except our guide and driver.
• Does not include any drink, beverage, or any personal item.
Important facts of Old Dhaka Tour
- You need to wear modest cloths to enter the mosques included on the tour. It is not possible to visit the mosques wearing shorts. Ladies need to cover hair and arms. Also need to leave your shoes outside while visiting a mosque or temple.
- Rickshaw ride will not be possible for a group of 05 person or more. We’ll take visiting the sights by car in case or 05 person or more group size.
- Specialty of Bengali food is they are spicy, which is the main difference with Indian food. Khichuri (made of rice, lentil, and meat) and Biriani (rice and meat cooked specially with added spice) are two of the most famous foods of Old Dhaka – specially Biriani.
- We can take you to a western restaurant if you wish (only on a private tour) on your own expenses.
- Only onSaturdays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays all of the sites will be open. Ahsan Manzil will be closed at Thursdays and opens after 03.00 pm in Fridays. Lalbagh Fort will be closed at Sundays, and opens after 02.00 pm at Mondays. Rest of the sites are open 07 days a week.
- Ahsan Manzil and Lalbagh Fort will be closed on any government holidays. You can visit them from outside though during these days.
- There could be incredible traffic in Dhaka some time when everything stops in every intersection. You could be stopped on the same place for a long time without even moving. Be prepared to walk a lot, and wear shoes accordingly. Traffic is little bit lighter on Fridays and Saturdays, being week-ends.
- Pick-up time will be 9.00 am during Fridays, Saturdays, and other govt. holidays, as there would be less traffic on the streets during these days. For hotels located in the southern part of Dhaka city, pickup time will be at 9.00 am (changeable upon request) for this Dhaka Tour.
- Price From: 110 USD