Day Trip to Old Capital Sonargaon
Panam City, Museum, Jamdani village, Boat Ride
Old Capital of Bengal Sonargaon is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Just 30 km far from Dhaka, Sonargaon has a lot to offer. Historically it was the centre of trading and people from Far East countries to come to do trade here. This fertile land was also famous of Dhakai Jamdani and muslin. With the glorious history, there are still some exciting tourist site from pre mogul and colonical period like the beautiful abounded panam city, the goaldi mosque, sardarbar palace, the folklore and art museum, Jamdani village and boating in the Meghna River to see the river beauty and visiting some islands!
The best way to see the old capital as follows
♦ Meet with our guide at 08:00 hrs from your hotel lobby and drive to old capital of Bengal sonargaon city.
♦ Visit the UNESCO intangible world heritage Jamdani weaving village in Rupgonj, this is one of the finest handmade weaving still practices only afew villages near Dhaka, we will meet with the weavers and you can see the entire process. (Friday the work only half day )
♦ Proceed to Folklore and art museum (close on Wednesday & Thursday) and visit the only folklore and art museum of Bangladesh in Sonagron . Inside the museum, you will see the craft and art of Bengal showing in the museum and also visit some beautiful Jamindar Palaces inside of complex. (Wednesday and Thursday full day close and also in all government holidays )
♦ Visit the oldest Goaldi mosque dated 1519 AD. Beautiful example of Bengal architecture , it is one of the unique terracotta brick made mosque in Bangladesh,
♦ Panam city is one of the abounded cities in the old. Once it was a home of rich Bengali Hindu merchants and later during the war time, the building left abounded. Beautifully decorated buildings now under archeological sites give you an impression of Bengal affluence.
♦ Then drive to boidder bazaar boat terminal and take a relax boat tour with engine boat in Meghna river. You can see the beauty of river life, nature and beautiful landscapes. While cruising we will cross several villages, lots of daily life activists etc you can enjoy . Back to the boat station and
Afternoon we will drive back to Dhaka and we will drop you the hotel .
All entry fees
Boat tour in Megha river
Items that is mentioned above
Luch & any food is not inclded
Any kind of tipping to Guide or driver
Any kind of insurance policy
Items that is not included in the tour itinerary
Items that is not mentioned above
- 72 – 48 hours prior canceling for Dhaka city tours is free of changes for small groups from
- 48 -24 hours or more cancellation by email 20 % of the package Price
- 24 hours less cancellation by email 50 % of the package price.
Things you should do or not to do:
- Bangladesh has the right to change the tour itinerary during your visit for any emergency situation like blocked / strike / political tension etc.
- Religious places like Mosque, it is compulsory to wear head scarf’s and full body must be covered and you have to leave the shoes outside or in cretin’s places. Please note that in Bangladesh in religious places, you will not get any special scarf provided by the religious places.
- It is suggested to carry your passport with you and business card your travel agent, your guide and the hotel with you in case of you lost the group.
- Bangladeshi foods are delicious but little spicy and we eat fish and meat curries a lot along with vegetables. For vegetarian tourist, please let us know in advance to organize a good meal.
- We use right hand for handshake or greeting.
- Photography is very common and people like to be a part of your pictures. But it is recommended to ask when you are taking pictures to any woman and religious persons.
- Before you travel to Bangladesh, it is recommended studying the culture of Bangladesh.
- Public places like local markets or slam area, please take care of your personal belonging.
- Bangladesh Eco Adventure will not be responsible for any lost of your things in the car or anywhere!
- Bangladesh doest have liquor store very common and drinks is strictly restricted in local restaurants or open places. But as a foreign tourist you can carry 02 liter of liquor and purchase showing your passport.
- Price From: 55 USD